EMERGING VOLTAGE DROP SOLUTION SAVES NATIONAL GRID PROVIDER MILLIONS
Case Study For Radio Televisyen Malaysia (Rtm) & Pt Indosat Tbk
Radio Televisyen Malaysia (RTM)
Radio Televisyen Malaysia, also known as the Department of Broadcasting, is the national public broadcaster of Malaysia. Established on 1 April 1946 as Radio Malaya, it is the first and the oldest broadcaster in the country.
PT Indosat Tbk
PT Indosat Tbk, who have been doing business as Indosat Ooredoo since 2015 due to Ooredoo’s majority stake, is a telecommunications provider in Indonesia.
Broadcasting businesses commonly face issues with voltage drop problems due to long distances and long cable runs – especially in the rural outskirts and mountainous areas (where they can be located as far as 10km from substations). This issue with voltage drops affects the performance and operational efficiency of broadcasting & communications equipment in Broadcast Relay Stations. Some other loads that are also negatively impacted include airconditioning in remote sites etc.
The Ashley Edison (UK) Solution
- Ashley Edison offered a reliable voltage drop solution to overcome severe voltage drops that had plagued the broadcasting industry.
- To ensure all broadcasting equipment and sensitive electronics receive optimal, stable, and constant incoming voltages for maximum operational efficiency, we supplied an entire suite of Automatic Voltage Stabilizers (Servo Electronic design), AC Power Line Conditioners, and Isolation Transformers as their solution. This suite provides optimized voltage drop compensation while maintaining constant voltage regulation at nominal voltage values.
- Voltage regulation stabilizes the boosted voltage values with high accuracy voltage at ±0.5%, overcoming all irregularities – from no load to full load.
- Selected units we supplied were built to cater to up to 60% input voltage drops.
- Depending on the installation sites, a range of both indoor (IP20 enclosures) and outdoor (IP54 enclosures) units were supplied to help these Government broadcasting corporations.
- Forced-air cooling was customized for enhanced cooling and better efficiency in hot climate environments.
- Independent Phase Balancing & Control – automatic voltage sensing & precise regulation to ensure the individual phase voltages remain stable regardless of load change or unbalance.
- Improved Corrosion-Resistant and Salt-Tolerant Design to ensure high maintainability and reliability.
- Our Automatic Voltage Stabilizers include Transient Voltage Surge Protection (TVSS) to protect loads against harmful high energy surges, transients, and spikes. It also includes Lightning Surge Protection to protect loads against extremely high voltage surges and transients caused by lightning strikes on the supply line.
- A Remote Operational Status Monitoring was incorporated for full control over any alerts/information in building management systems
- High power rating capacity that helped cater for expansions for many many years (need to check how many years), and optimally prolonging AVRs life span so that it minimises the risk of overloading and preventing any possible faults – protecting their uptime and revenue.
- No matter how severe the voltage drops were, our clients have managed to solve this problem with Ashley Edison’s voltage compensating solutions.
- Loads were continuously receiving optimal and stabilized voltage levels at ±0.5% accuracy.
- Since the installation of our solution, our client’s high-value broadcasting equipment have running on maximum operational efficiency, with no breakdowns, and lesser maintenance was ever required.
- Over the course of close to 20years, Ashley Edison has supplied over 428 units of voltage regulating equipment to multiple remote site locations throughout the world.
Lights, Voltage, Action
Automatic Voltage Stabilisers, AC Power Line Conditioners, Isolation Transformers:
- Supplied from 5KVA to 80KVA 3 Phase
- Over 428 units
- Up to ±60% Input Voltage Tolerance
For a comprehensive consultation, drop us an email at email@example.com and discover how you can effectively solve your power problems with our wide range of voltage solutions.
To learn more about Ashley Edison’s Automatic Voltage Stabilisers, visit our product page here.